All content on the Website and the App are made available only for your personal, lawful, non-commercial use in connection with seeking insurance. Use of the Website or the App by a competitor company or other non-consumer third party is prohibited.
Except as expressly mandated by law, you may not, without our prior written permission:
- post, transmit, copy, modify, create derivative works from, distribute, sell, or republish anything you obtain or download from the Website or the App, or the Website or the App itself;
- reverse engineer, disassemble, decode, or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to the source code of the Website or the App; or
- engage in systematic retrieval of data or other content from the Website or the App.
You may not:
- impersonate another person or log into or use an account which you are not authorized to access;
- use the Website or the App for an unlawful, misleading, fraudulent, illegal, or otherwise unauthorized purpose;
- disable, remove, or circumvent any security features in or protecting the Website or the App; or
- otherwise interfere with, damage, or disrupt any part of the Website or the App.
Copyrights and trademarks
Our products and services
The information and materials provided on the Website and the App are intended for general reference only, and may not describe all terms, conditions, exclusions, and exceptions applicable to Square One’s products and services. All coverages are subject to the terms, conditions, and exclusions of the insurance policies issued. Coverages and their availability may vary by province and your circumstances, and additional minimum coverage limits may be required in your province. The products and services offered on the Website and the App are only available in the jurisdictions in which Square One is properly licensed.
Privacy and passwords
, as it contains important information relating to your use of the Website and the App.
Some portions of the Website and the App are protected and require a user identification code (“User ID”) and password for access. Unauthorized access or use of such portions of the Website or the App is prohibited. You agree that you will notify Square One immediately if you believe that a third party has obtained your User ID or password, or if you believe that any unauthorized access or use may occur or has occurred. For your protection, if Square One believes that any unauthorized access may occur or has occurred, Square One may terminate such access without prior notice to you. You also agree that Square One is permitted to act upon any instructions received using your User ID and password and to consider such instructions as authorized by you.
Disclaimer of warranties
All information, products, content and other materials in the Website or the App, accessible from the Website or the App, or in a Third-Party Website are provided “as is” and without warranties or representations of any kind, either express or implied. This means that Square One expressly disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including without limitation the warranties of title and non-infringement and the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Also, Square One does not represent or warrant that:
- the operation of the Website or the App will be error-free or uninterrupted;
- defects will be corrected;
- the Website, the App, any emails sent by Square One, or the server that makes the Site available are free of viruses or other harmful devices;
- the Website or the App will be available to you or that you will qualify for products or services offered;
- the materials in the Website or the App will be accurate as of any particular date; or,
- the products or services offered through the Website or the App are available outside of Canada or in jurisdictions in which Square One is not properly licensed.
If you are in a province that does not allow a disclaimer of implied warranties, the above disclaimer or a portion of it may not apply to you.
Limitation of liability
Square One shall not be liable for any loss, damage, injury, or claim, nor any special, indirect, incidental, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages of any kind, whether such action is based in tort, contract, negligence, strict liability, or otherwise and even if Square One has been advised of the possibility of such damages, which arises out of or relates in any way to:
- the App, the Website, materials on the Website or the App, or the inability to use the Website or the App;
- any Third-Party Website, materials in any Third-Party Website, or the inability to use any Third-Party Website;
- any defect, omission, error, interruption, delay, or computer virus; or,
- except because of Square One’s gross negligence or intentional actions, the unauthorized alteration of or access to your transmissions or personal data.
If you are in a province that does not allow the limitation of liability for certain damages, the above limitation of liability or a portion of it may not apply to you. However, you agree in any event that Square One’s total liability for all damages, losses, injuries, or claims of any kind or nature shall be limited to the amount you have paid to access the Website or the App.
Jurisdiction, enforceability, and termination