- The website is only for personal use while seeking or managing insurance from us.
- Information on the website can’t be used elsewhere without our consent.
- We protect your privacy by only collecting and using Personal Information required to promote, offer, sell, and fulfill insurance.
- While we make every effort to keep the website functional and current, we are not responsible for any losses or damages resulting from issues with the website.
All content on the Site is made available only for your personal, lawful, non-commercial use in connection with seeking insurance. Use of the Website by a competitor company or other non-consumer third party is prohibited.
Except as expressly mandated by law, you may not, without our prior written permission:
- post, transmit, copy, modify, create derivative works from, distribute, sell, or republish anything you obtain or download from the Website; or,
- engage in systematic retrieval of data or other content from the Website.
Copyrights and trademarks
Our products and services
The information and materials provided on the Website are intended for general reference only, and may not describe all terms, conditions, exclusions, and exceptions applicable to Square One’s products and services. All coverages are subject to the terms, conditions, and exclusions of the insurance policies issued. Coverages and their availability may vary by province and your circumstances, and additional minimum coverage limits may be required in your province. The products and services offered on the Website are only available in the jurisdictions in which Square One is properly licensed.
Privacy and passwords
Some portions of the Website are protected and require a user identification code (“User ID”) and password for access. Unauthorized access or use of such portions of the Website is prohibited. You agree that you will notify Square One immediately if you believe that a third party has obtained your User ID or password, or if you believe that any unauthorized access or use may occur or has occurred. For your protection, if Square One believes that any unauthorized access may occur or has occurred, Square One may terminate such access without prior notice to you. You also agree that Square One is permitted to act upon any instructions received using your User ID and password and to consider such instructions as authorized by you.
Disclaimer of warranties
All information, products, content and other materials in the Website, accessible from the Website, or in a Third-Party Website are provided “as is” and without warranties or representations of any kind, either express or implied. This means that Square One expressly disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including without limitation the warranties of title and non-infringement and the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Also, Square One does not represent or warrant that:
- the operation of the Website will be error-free or uninterrupted;
- defects will be corrected;
- the Website, any emails sent by Square One, or the server that makes the Site available are free of viruses or other harmful devices;
- the Website will be available to you or that you will qualify for products or services offered;
- the materials in the Site will be accurate as of any particular date; or,
- the products or services offered through the Site are available outside of the United States or in jurisdictions in which Square One is not properly licensed.
If you are in a state that does not allow a disclaimer of implied warranties, the above disclaimer or a portion of it may not apply to you.
Limitation of liability
Square One shall not be liable for any loss, damage, injury, or claim, nor any special, indirect, incidental, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages of any kind, whether such action is based in tort, contract, negligence, strict liability, or otherwise and even if Square One has been advised of the possibility of such damages, which arises out of or relates in any way to:
- the Website, materials on the Website, or the inability to use the Website;
- any Third-Party Website, materials in any Third-Party Website, or the inability to use any Third-Party Website;
- any defect, omission, error, interruption, delay, or computer virus; or,
- except because of Square One’s gross negligence or intentional actions, the unauthorized alteration of or access to your transmissions or personal data.
If you are in a province that does not allow the limitation of liability for certain damages, the above limitation of liability or a portion of it may not apply to you. However, you agree in any event that Square One’s total liability for all damages, losses, injuries, or claims of any kind or nature shall be limited to the amount you have paid to access the Website.
Jurisdiction, enforceability, and termination